Disneyland Shanghai - UPDATE
There are updates from the Disneyland Shanghai on a regular basis now, and instead of confusing you all with unnecessary text, I have decided just to bullet all the key points recently revealed through various plans, leaked maps and official word from the DLS website.
- The Fantasyland boat ride that will travel through and beneath the new DLS castle will have a secret chamber beneath the castle, fountains of light will leap and dance in shimmering pools, surrounding the boat with magic, music and colour.
- Shanghaî Disneyland castle will be the biggest among Disney’s castles worldwide. Instead of being home to any single princess, the castle in Shanghai will be home to all of Disney’s princesses, including Snow White and Pocahontas. In the heart of Enchanted Storybook Castle a magnificent winding staircase that leads guests on a Once Upon a Time Adventure, featuring the Disney Princesses. In other words, it will be located on the upper floor of the castle and it is supposed to be a walk-through and not a ride. We don’t know yet if each princess will be an audio-animatronic or if the whole thing will be just a Princess meet and greet.
- A Fantasyland boat ride is planned, which will have some twist and turns like the Jungle Cruise ride except that this one is located in the heart of Fantasyland and will have a Fantasyland theme.
- A rather significant move is that Toy Story Land has been added to the DLS line-up. I do love this land but I have to agree with other sources that I am not sure it is the best move for a Magic Kingdom style park. Although DLS is going against the normal trends of a MK park, so maybe this is a good move on their behalf. It could be a cause of budget cuts…
- Adventureland will be huge compared to other Disney parks across the globe and it seems that there will be a big Pirate land too with, as we know, a new version of the POTC ride and maybe a POTC stunt show.